Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Feeding Harrison for the first time

We went to friends for supper on Friday night and as any outing calls for, I was packing Harrison's bag. Diapers, wipes, extra change of clothes, burp cloth, bottle and milk. Charlotte, as usual was shadowing my every move, asking what I was doing, and why I was doing it. As I was getting Harrison's bottle ready, Charlotte asked me if she could feed him. I have to say, I was blown away. She'd never asked in the past. A lot of that is because I breast feed, but I have used bottles and she has seen me use them.

I never thought of asking her if she'd like to feed him. Most times when I am feeding him with a bottle it's when we're out and about or someone else is feeding him. So, when she asked, I immediately told her of course, when it came time to feed him she could.

When it did come time to feed Harrison, Charlotte was watching TV and I forgot about her request. She came into the room though and saw me feeding him and asked if she could feed Harrison. She did a great job.






Thanks to Colleen for taking the pictures so we could document this very important event.

No comments:

Post a Comment