Sunday, January 1, 2012

A new way of life

So, today was my last day of eating everything in site. To say I overindulged a little over Christmas is an understatement. I really couldn't have eaten any more than I did. Well, I could have, but it really would not have been a nice scene. 


Anyway, tomorrow I start a new way of life. Yes, I've tried this before, actually lost quite a bit of weight with it and it's going to work again. I'm going to stick to it. When I do something like this I need motivation. This blog is going to be my motivation. I'm going to use it to give monthly updates on my progress, whether good or bad. I figure it'll help me keep on track.


Something else that will help me stay on track is a goal. My ultimate goal is to feel great, look great and to love my body. I ain't lov'n it at the moment. So, in order to do that, I want to lose a little weight. I would LOVE to lose 20 pounds. Would like to lose 15 but would be happy to lose 10. Losing 10 pounds would bring me back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I intend on doing this by eating right (most of the time) and exercising at least 20 minutes a day.


So, starting tomorrow morning, I will eat better. Everything in moderation is the key. I'm not going to cut anything out completely as I'll only miss it more, but I will eat less of it and I also plan on eating slower. They say if you eat slower, you'll not only enjoy your food more, but you'll get full faster. It'll be a little hard as with two kids I have a tendency to eat fast to look after them, but by my eating slower, they too will learn that as well. I'm going to increase my water intake, decrease my coffee (yes, even decaf) and well, just generally eat better.


With regards to exercise, I'm going to start that again too. Running, walking, aerobics, swimming, a little time on the bosu ball. Something everyday, for at least 20 mins (more if I can, of course)


So, with these two components, and lots of positive thinking, I'm going to start my new way of life tomorrow. I'll keep you posted. I may even share my 'before' picture with you someday.


Of course, another source of motivation is having someone else join you on the journey, so if you're interested, come along!

1 comment:

  1. Reading your blog has certainly motivated me. I have just posted a note on my fridge "no chocolate or sweets". I am on board with you and will follow your good example and hopefully will lose these extra pounds. Keep up the good work. Mom

    ReplyDelete