Monday, January 2, 2012

Day one of the new me

So, as per yesterday's post, today was my first day in my quest for the new me. After having my 'before' photo taken (no, it's not below) I exercised, ate better and slower and cut out all that chocolate. I did have a piece of cherry cake my Mom made me for Christmas as I do like that, but just a small piece so that was Ok. I also drank more water, but not as much as I should have. We'll increase it more tomorrow.


Today I decided to take down the Christmas decorations. I usually wait until the 6th, but I decided today would be a good day to get the house back to normal. Charlotte was there by my side the entire way, helping me put all the decorations away. She was sad at times, wishing that Christmas wasn't over, but I explained to her that in putting them away we can prepare for the next holiday and well, Christmas will be here again before we know it. Well, the majority is down, just a little more to put away and then I just need to get my usual knick knacks out again. That's on the agenda for tomorrow. 


While it's nice to have the house decorated for Christmas, I do like getting the house back to normal. There's something that can be said for the everyday. Now that the decorations are down I can continue the purging/reorganization I want to do to the basement and the rest of the house. I find during the run up to the Christmas season the house gets turned upside down. I then have the need to reorganize and purge much like I feel I need to do with me. Hopefully, by the end of the week, the house will be back to normal and in an organized state. How long it remains like that will be the question, but, as per one of my promises, I won't be worrying about that.


So far so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment