Thursday, January 5, 2012

The world through my little girl's eyes

I often wonder what Charlotte is thinking. She has a wonderful imagination. She often tells me, especially if she's annoyed with me because things aren't going her way. That's fine though because we encourage her to speak her mind and tell us what she's feeling at any given moment.  


Charlotte loves to look at photos and she was given a fisher price camera for her birthday in August. She'll often go around the house taking pictures. She hasn't quite gotten the hang of it yet, but it keeps her happy. She got it out again yesterday afternoon and last night she wanted to take a picture of us all on the sofa. She'd quickly press the button (there's no timer but a little delay) and run to the sofa before the picture was taken. Needless to say none of them turned out, but it did remind me to download her pictures so she could see them. So, that's what I did last night. I downloaded all 500 of them. Some are blurry, alot are dark (there's no flash) but there are a couple that are half decent and are an indication of what she does and what she's thinking.


Here are a couple of shots. As she looked at them this evening, Charlotte went through, commenting on most with a "that's a nice one".


Harrison at three weeks old

Daddy in the car

Taking a picture of herself. There were a lot of these

Her Birthday banner

Daddy relaxing

Mommy's rubber boots

Summer's evening sky from the deck. She loves seeing the moon.


Nana (in England) on the webcam

Poppy's fish pond

A piece of styrofoam

Say Cheese!

Princess computer

Butterfly nightlight

Christmas tree in her bedroom


Maybe Charlotte will be a photographer when she grows up. Who knows. What I do know is that we'll continue to encourage her in everything she does and I'll treasure these photos as a picture of Charlotte's life as seen through her eyes at three years old.

4 comments:

  1. I love that she took a picture of her nightlight! I love seeing the world through the girls eyes. It is even funny now as they use Ella's iPod to take video! Some YouTube classics for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love love love this. As an avid photo-taker and memory keeper, this is a treasure. And there are some really nice shots in there to boot! Go Charlotte :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Charlotte, very cool photos :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think all Charlotte's pictures are quite good. I especially like the content of your blog today Jennifer. Your very wise.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete