Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Crafty Wednesday

As I'm trying to get my craft on in 2012, I thought I would try another Valentines Day idea. I've seen a number of Valentines garlands while roaming the internet, but used this one from Oopsey Daisy as my inspiration. As I'm trying to keep the costs down, I decided to use what felt I had around the house. I had purchased some for a Christmas project I decided not to do so this was the perfect time to use it. I had white wool, so away we went. As Charlotte was home with me I thought I would get her to help me but with all the cutting and sewing, she got bored very quickly. But, we persevered and here it is.
I made my hearts by folding the felt and cutting a heart. Just like in school!

Thread the wool and connect the hearts

A collection of hearts

The hearts garland on the mantle




Once we had this done, we continued with crafty Wednesday and made a Valentine's mobile for Charlotte's room. We cut out the hearts from coloured paper in the same way as above. We attached the hearts using coloured wool to a wire hanger. Charlotte was able to help punch the holes in the hearts and was excited once it was done.

The finished project



2 comments:

  1. I love this! What a super cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love both - especially the mobile! Princess Charlotte must be in heaven with that:)

    ReplyDelete