Sunday, December 4, 2011

Two late nights made for a very lazy Sunday

This weekend was another busy one. From dinner and drinks (waaaaaay to many) downtown Friday night, a most painful early rise Saturday morning, a four year old's birthday party in the afternoon and a 40th birthday party last night, today had a slow start to it. With many intentions including putting the Christmas lights up outside, things didn't go exactly as planned, but yet turned out to be a great day none the less.

Little Harrison has developed a cold. Yesterday when we picked him up, Mom mentioned he was sneezing and eyes watering and had been like it Friday as well. Of course, I dropped them off so early Friday morning out of my need for alone time, that I didn't notice. Guilt? A little. So by last night, he was not well at all. So I decided today, to keep him inside and let him sleep as much as he wanted in his own bed. See, you do learn from past experience (like our recent Costco incident). Instead of taking him out and making it worse, I'm hoping keeping him in will mean he'll be better for a planned Christmas play date on Tuesday.

Charlotte as usual, woke happy and rearing to go. She asked if we could go swimming. We had told her on Friday we'd go swimming this weekend. So, what to do? I heard Andrew tell her that yes, we could go. That wouldn't be a problem but at the moment she's in a phase where she wants me (or both of us) to do everything with her instead of just Daddy and well, with my plan to keep Harrison home, that wasn't going to happen. So, when she mentioned it to me, I told her that unfortunately Harrison was not feeling well so we'd have to figure it out. Once again, my three year old surprised me. "That's Ok Mommy, you stay home with Harrison and Daddy and I will go swimming". So, once the initial shock was over, I said "You know what Charlotte, that is a wonderful idea. Why don't you go ask Daddy" She did, and they did and had a great time.

I'm glad I listened to my instincts with Harrison. It's something I don't always do and usually regret my decisions, but today I did the right thing. Harrison slept for the majority of the day and only woke for food.

While Harrison slept, I too had a little (but very needed) nap. Andrew and Charlotte returned to find me asleep in her bed. Now she knows how the dwarfs felt. ;-) She has a pink Princess tent over her bed and I have to say, it's soooooo very cozy in there. I went in to just lay for a couple of minutes to see if Harrison would settle next door, and well, half an hour later they woke me up. Charlotte then joined me in her bed and we read some stories until she fell asleep herself and I left her to her dreams. That hour was the highlight of my day.

The day wasn't a complete lazy day, but it was still enjoyable. With Michael Buble on my iphone, I listened to the Christmas album (which is great) and got some much needed vitamin D and fresh air in the December sun while putting up most of the Christmas decorations. Charlotte later joined me in the decorating, claiming we needed a tree with leaves (needles) on it for the lights. That's next week!

Tonight, I decided I would watch Sherlock Holmes in preparation for the second instalment coming out on the 16th of this month... I just love Robert Downey Jr. and I can't wait! Now, to get a babysitter. It was a fantastic way to end another wonderful weekend.

Hope you too had a great one.

No comments:

Post a Comment