Thursday, December 1, 2011

Appreciating the view from down there

Charlotte goes to daycare on Tuesdays and Thursdays. It's a chance for her to play with her friends and a chance for me to spend time with Harrison on his own. It's also a time for me to catch up on errands, housework, general odds and ends that I just don't get a chance to do when Charlotte is home with me. Unfortunately, those things often take up a lot of the day.

Today was a similar day, we got up and headed out around 8am. After dropping Daddy at work and Charlotte at daycare, Harrison and I headed towards our usual Thursday morning destination - Dominion. After grocery shopping we came home and he woke up. He was rearing to go. So, we did his favourite thing.... He got naked (well, off came the pants and diaper) and he got on his play mat. If he's naked and in a good mood, he loves to spend time on it. Playing with the giraffe and monkey and his favourite way to pass time - looking at himself in the mirror.

I decided, instead of running around doing things while he hung out on the mat, I would do the same. Yes, hang out on the mat and just spend time with the boy, seeing things from his point of view. He often finds it very funny down there, especially when looking at himself in the mirror. Me, I found it uncomfortable on my back on the hard floor, but enjoyed every minute of it.

It's important to take time out of our 'busy' schedules now and then to do simple things that we'll remember forever. That's what I did.


No comments:

Post a Comment