Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Friends

I met a friend for coffee tonight who I haven't spoken to in quite sometime. Sure, we've seen each other in passing, but, due to circumstances, we just didn't have the chance for a real chat. Tonight, we talked about everything - kids, husbands, work, our futures. It was great being able to just sit and catch up.


We both agreed on one thing. The most important thing in life is to be true to yourself and to those who are most important to you. At the end of the day, your family and friends are what matters most in life. Everything else is just, well, stuff. 


Something that I've been trying to do recently with things that I have no control of or that may be bothering me is to imagine crumpling it up in a ball and throwing it away. Once I've thrown it away, I try not to think about it again. It's not worth worrying about something I have no control about or that is affecting me in a negative way. Sometimes I have to throw it away a couple of times... I've made a boomerang instead of a ball, but I just keep trying until that ball doesn't come back and then I just forget.


Friends can help with those balls, especially if you find yourself juggling more than one. All you have to do is ask. That's the great thing about a friend. You can tell them anything without worrying what the outcome will be. We sometimes forget that in our busy lives. I was reminded of that tonight.


My Mom told me once that if you can have one true friend in life you're lucky. I'm lucky to have more than that in mine and for that I am grateful.


Friends by Jodi Kenyon
A friend is someone true and for real, 
A friend is someone who means a great deal.
A friend won't hurt you,
A friend won't lie,
A friend will never permanently say good-bye.
A friend is there through the good times and bad,
A friend is there to cheer you up when your sad.
A friend is always there with a shoulder to cry on,
A friend is always there that you can rely on.
So, friend if you ever need someone honest and true,
Just remember ill always be here for you .



To my friends, both near and far. Thank you for being there when I need you and even when I don't think I do.

1 comment:

  1. Jennifer, what a beautiful article to have on your blog today and so true.!

    ReplyDelete