Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Turning 39


So I turned 39 today. My last year as a thirty-something. Andrew asked me last night how I felt. Me being one of many words said “good”. It is good that I am turning 39. I have a wonderful husband and two beautiful children. I am surrounded by loving family and friends, who are there for me, whenever I need them. I can’t really ask for more.

When I turned 30, I marked that year by running the London Marathon and then touring Europe for 6 weeks before moving to Ontario to start our new life in Canada. It was a big year. The year I turned 32, we packed up our belongings, put the 6-week-old puppy we’d just bought in the front seat with me and drove to St. John’s to continue our life in Canada. We were blessed beyond belief when Charlotte came into our lives the year I turned 35 and then last year, our sweet little boy completed our family. I’ve had a good run in my thirties.

I still have one year left as a thirty-something and for me; it’s going to be a big one. What does this year hold for me? Well, at the moment, I am training to run the Tely 10 and then a ½ marathon in September. I’m not a runner (well, yeah, I guess I am), but it doesn’t come naturally, so it’s a big thing to be running these long weekend runs. I am also working on something that I can’t share with you at the moment, but that will be a life-changing event that I have huge aspirations for. Sounds interesting doesn’t it? I can’t wait to share.

But, more than all this, I have my family. I have another year (one of many) to spend time with my husband and watching our children live, love, laugh, grow, learn and most of all, be kids.  It’s what I look forward to most of all.

So, no, I don’t mind turning 39. Instead, I look forward to the next year and all that turning the big 4-0 has to offer.

Today, I had a wonderful day. Breakfast and pressies with the family, a leisurely day which included a run, coffee with baileys and cake (all before 11am) and getting my little girl ready for her dance recital tonight. In all, a wonderful 39th birthday.

This was one of my favourite gifts from Charlotte and Harrison.
Charlotte made my cake... with a little help from Daddy. 


2 comments:

  1. Yay...I love that the cake says Mummy with a U! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just great to speak to you on your birthday on skype from England where we are on holiday. Glad you had a great day. Congratulations to Charlotte, who with Daddy's help, made such a beautiful birthday cake. Happy 39th birthday Jennifer! I am so proud of you and all you have accomplished, and will continue to accomplish as you continue your journey through life.

    Much love and a big big hug.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete