Tuesday, May 1, 2012

There's no place like home

I attended a course this past weekend in Toronto. I'll have more on that in the coming weeks.

I left early Friday morning and met my sister who lives in ON at the airport and from there we spent the rest of the day running a couple of errands and enjoying each others company. The course ran over three days but left the evenings to explore Toronto with my sister. We walked the main strips of downtown TO many a time, had some great food, and laughed so hard we cried.

While I had a fantastic time, my thoughts often went to Andrew and the kids at home. When we told Charlotte last week I was going, we made it as positive a thing as we could and even let her pick out a dress online that I would get her while away. While she kept saying she didn't want me to leave, we hoped that the promise of a new dress would help keep her from acting out too much while I was away. It worked pretty well.

I had my computer with me and we spoke each night on skype. Charlotte and Andrew would relay their day's activities to me and I would tell them mine. It was always hard to say goodbye though as Charlotte kept saying she missed me and wanted me to come home.

While I enjoy being away from the kids sometimes, I do miss them terribly. I found that the three days away was fantastic in so many ways but it made me also realize how much I love my family and how much I appreciate my husband and the kids.

It was so wonderful seeing them this morning when they woke. While I was super tired after only a couple of hours sleep, it didn't matter.

Getting a hug and a kiss and being told how much you're missed....it's the best thing in the world.


Telling me all about their day.


Having to say good bye was hard

No comments:

Post a Comment