Wednesday, May 23, 2012

It's Springtime!

To say the weather this spring has been good so far is an understatement. I keep forgetting it's only May and keep thinking I'm behind in the gardening. The fact is, for the past couple of weeks we've been getting the garden ready for the summer. I don't have the greenest of thumbs. I do my best in the garden, trying to keep all the weeds out of the beds and the garden looking tidy.

Charlotte LOVES all things flowers. The house now has plants again (and I can actually say they are still alive), we've planted seeds for the flowers for her flower bed (they are coming along very well), and she cries when she sees me pulling out the dandelions. No, I'm not kidding. At the moment her flower bed has one pansy, an easter lily that is finished for the year and pulled dried up dandelions. I'll remove them when she's not watching.

Last week we repotted the seedlings. Charlotte got ready to go outside, put on her gardening gloves and helped me put the soil in the pots. She then watered the plants she has so far (said pansy and easter lily). She loves her flower bed. We need to fix the actual box, but she doesn't seem to mind. She just wants flowers. Which we'll get. Once we know the frosts are over with. After all, it's springtime in NL.

Harrison was more interested in his hat

Miss Charlotte potting the seedlings. She chose her outfit.

Watering the lily

1 comment:

  1. Love her gardening outfit - a welcome reminder to be less casual when going about my daily business!

    ReplyDelete