Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Crafty Wednesday

Today was a day for a number of little craft projects. There was a spring lamb (that looked more like a rather large fly with a HUGE white body), pirate and princess hats made out of newspaper and a swan origami (both of which were courtesy of Daddy). What I'll tell you about though are the Rapunzel Sisters Charlotte and I made this afternoon. 


After making the spring lamb this morning and feeling a little let down by the result (me, not Charlotte), a request was made to make some hand puppets. "Of course "I said and went off to find a couple of odd socks. Being a three year old who constantly takes off her socks coupled with the land beyond the dryer, she has a few that have lost their twin. We chose a couple of different coloured pink ones and away we went. We had the googlie eyes and pipe cleaner already out so it was just a matter of getting some wool for the hair. I still have some left over wool from the scarf I made Charlotte for Christmas so we cut some of it into pieces and we started gluing the girls together.



Charlotte chose who would have what coloured eyes and hair and well, she was the one who wanted a smile. I told her when they were done that it looked like the sisters had moustaches. She just laughed. She's very happy with the outcome.


When asked what she wanted to call them...
"Rapunzel and Rapunzel" was the answer, and so the twins were born.

1 comment:

  1. I love sock puppets :) Charlotte's ones are super cute! What was wrong with the lamb?!??!

    ReplyDelete