Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Crafty Wednesday

My little princess loves everything pink, purple and all things pretty. She also loves dirt, bugs, snails and has three pet rocks. When I came upon this craft the other day I thought she'd like it. Not only was it quite an easy and fun one to do, I also had the supplies on hand. I'm trying to use up what I have before buying more. Well, I think we've done that with some of our things so I told Charlotte today that on Friday we'll replenish our supplies. I have a number of spring type crafts coming up that I thing she'll really like.




Today, we made little bugs. They're made out of egg cartons, pipe cleaner, pom-poms and google eyes. While I didn't have actual pom-poms, I used some cotton balls and the effect worked for what they were. In hindsight, we could have painted the cotton balls different colours too.


First, we painted the egg cups as per Charlotte's colour choices. After we let them dry, we added the legs and wings and then the heads and eyes and they were ready. 




Did Charlotte play with them? Of course, we both did! We played hide and seek and well, they hid while we took turns looking for them. Hide and seek with a three year old.... VERY interesting!


The whole family

No comments:

Post a Comment