Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Crafty Wednesday - A cozy coaster for your morning coffee

Today was a busy day. A playdate. a nap (unfortunately not me), a quick little craft and picking up our new vehicle (just in time for the next snowfall). All in all, a great day but a busy one.


Charlotte had one of her friends from daycare over today for a play date, She had a great time playing with Claire and needless to say didn't stop. Following lunch and a trip to Stavanger Dr, we were in the house 10 minutes when I found her asleep on the sofa. I guess that was one crazy play date.
A sleeping Princess
When she woke, she wanted to knit Daddy a scarf like the one I knit her for Christmas. I explained that she may find that a little challenging to do but that I'd cast on the stitches for her to try. After showing her what to do, and after her realizing that she may not be able to knit, I made a compromise with her. I told her that while we couldn't knit him a scarf at the moment, we could knit him a coaster for his coffee at work. She seemed to like that idea so that's what we did. 
A rainbow of colours
When we got home this evening, she ran over and got the coaster to show Daddy. Andrew being Andrew enthusiastically thanked her for the coaster and showed her what his mug would look like on it. I am sure he'll even use it at work. Something not every man may want to do, but what this proud Daddy will do in a second. 
A colourful coaster for a hot cup of coffee
This is actually a cute little idea for kids just learning how to knit. It was just 10 stitches and then 10 rows. A thinner wool may be better as the mug will probably be more stable, but, well, Charlotte wanted to use the same wool her scarf is knit out of. 


When she is old enough to knit, I'll remind Charlotte (although she'll probably remember) that she once wanted to knit her dad a rainbow scarf. And she probably will.



No comments:

Post a Comment